18 April 2010

Weekend, Part 4

The temperature appears to have stayed at 32 degrees overnight, so the melting of snow continues apace (I always wanted to use that in a sentence). On the bright side, the forecast rain/snow showers never materialized, and it's dry at 9 a.m. While the sun is still shining, the clouds have been thickening for the last hour. At least we had blue skies while eating breakfast.

* * * * *

I have the bifocal lenses in again, and therefore currently inventing novel ways to tilt my head while trying to get the up-close-and-personal bit to work (that's the reading lens, for those of you in Rio Linda).

Today I'm supposed to leave them in for no more than six hours. Yesterday was supposed to be a four-hour experience, but my eyes tired of them in less than three. We'll see how today goes.

We're wanting to go out & play this afternoon, but haven't quite decided where to go. Perhaps the Bake Shop in Girdwood for lunch. I'm sure there will be much discussion among the three of us who'll go, with at least five opinions being expressed.

Right now I need to do some official things, so I'll put on the collar (preacher humor) and do my thing.

Also, I haven't forgotten the food pics from yesterday. Stay tuned!

No comments: