11 May 2010

Another Blustery Day

Good morning! We had strong winds yesterday afternoon & evening, blowing at 20+ mph and gusts to 35 mph in town. At higher elevations & along the Turnagain Arm, gusts reached 75 mph. Mr. AccuHunch guesses they'll see 90 mph winds today, and there's already quite a breeze in town.

It's 42, which is a bit above normal (should be in the upper 30s), going for only 52 today due to clouds & rain showers ... or so they guess. Whatever.

The GOOD news is that almost all the trees have finally produced leaves. Some types had greenery by last week's end, and the most sluggish in my neighborhood are now green as well. It's about the normal for that to happen, too; we "green up" in mid-May, more often than not.

My daughters & I have decided to see Iron Man 2 on Thursday evening, in hopes of avoiding the Friday night crowd at the theater. Those are Oldest Daughter's two days off, this week, so it narrows our choices somewhat.

He-Said-What?? Dept: One of the Dimocrat gubernatorial candidates in this year's race - the one with the biggest "Who?" factor - has announced that, in his considered opinion, the party should pick just one candidate & back that person ... and the others should apparently just go home & hush up. He didn't say, but don'tcha just know he thinks he's the one who should get the official "okey-dokey"?

Pardon me for noticing, but in regard to selecting one candidate, isn't that the purpose of the primary election? I have no idea what it is that he thinks makes him the premier candidate ... most folks have little-to-no idea who he is. I have met him and can say that he'd be my second choice for Governor.

My first choice will be whoever else is running.

* * * * *

The rest of the local news is probably of interest only to local residents, so I'll stop here. Have a great day, folks, and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What is it with Democrats wanting everyone else to just shut up and let them run things??? good grief!

I hope your daughters enjoy Iron Man 2. I have a feeling it will be just a rental for me - although I did like the first one very much (sequels are often just not the same).