15 May 2010

Meeting An Olympian & One Walk Down,

many to go. It felt good to get out & stretch our legs again, without worrying about ice & snow on the trail.

We stopped at a place called The Skinny Raven to get new walking shoes for yours truly. A young lady on a bike arrived at the same time, and as I held the door open for her, I realized it was Kikken Randall, silver medalist in the World Nordic Ski Championship. I've mentioned that Anchorage is a big "small town", and I've worked with Rosie Fletcher, but it's the first time I've seen Ms. Randall. I don't think I ever crossed paths with Olympians before relocating to Alaska; you never know who you'll run into, up here.

The walk in Taku Lake Park was refreshing. It was windy enough to prevent the Olympic-sized mosquitoes (our state bird*) from feasting, so the only issue was my own out-of-shape body. That will soon cease, and I'm determined to keep the winter/too many hours behind a desk/lazy flab off, this time.

The girls went with a friend to see the new Robin Hood movie this morning, and are due back any time now. My wife is going to grill some hamburgers for lunch, so have a great afternoon!


*Not seriously. At least, I think not.

No comments: