25 May 2010

A Sight for Light-Starved Alaskans

For those of us who endure the long dark/cold/snowy winter months, we rejoice in sunlight. It has been mostly sunny for the last couple of weeks, and today is to be another.

The weather fiends at AccuHunch are teasing us with hints of temps near 70, later this week, which is rare in May ... but we'll take it. The long-range forecast is for a cool but dry summer, which means lots of sunny days; we're soaking it in as fast as we can.

This is from a webcam atop an office building in mid-town, looking southeast. I work in the forested area beyond the tower in the center of the shot. Click to enlarge, if you like.

For us, it doesn't get any better than this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It hit 78 degrees here in Big Lake yesterday! Looks like the clouds are starting to roll in now...

Rev. Paul said...

That's too warm for all us blood-thickened Alaskans ... I hope you're coping.

Time to break out the fans.

upinak said...

I have a feeling it is going to be a breezy summer even if it may be cloud-ish and chilly.

But after this last winter... I think I don't care.

Jamie.. lucky dog!

Rev. Paul said...

Uppy - I think you're right.

DR said...

While we are not at the extreme of Alaska, we see few sunny days. I know how precious they are. Something I used to take for granted in the South.