26 June 2010

Damp Morning

It's cool, cloudy, drippy, breezy, and 54 degrees at 10 a.m. It rained overnight - quite a bit, from the looks of things - and there's more to come, we're told.

House-cleaning on the agenda today, as the mom-in-law flies in on Monday night. My biggest chore will be climbing out on the garage overhang to clean the picture window for the 2nd floor. That's always fun. I also see that I'm going to have to try vacuuming the volcanic ash out of the window tracks. No matter how many times I've cleaned those out, more blows in. Not only is there a bunch remaining from last year's eruptions at Mt. Redoubt, but we still have ash from the '92 eruption of Mt. Spurr. Life in a volcano zone does get interesting, from time to time.

We've had several smallish 'quakes in the last week; the one Thursday night (4.68 magnitude) was the most readily felt. Again, it's nothing new, but these do remind one that the "solid earth" ain't so solid as one wants to suppose.

Finally, I need to clean my rifle again. You shoot the darn thing & it wants cleaning; funny how that works.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: