13 July 2010

Back To Work

My 3-day weekend has drawn to a close, but it was fairly packed with fun things: we went to the Bear & Raven Theater in downtown Anchorage, to see the films on the Iditarod & Alaskan bears (I recommend both highly.)

I spent half of Sunday with Joated & his wife, who drove from Pennsylvania with a caravan of RVs and motorhomes. Delightful folks, they; had a good time doing some sightseeing & taking pictures.

Yesterday we went to the Portage Glacier & the Wildlife Conservation Center. On the way back to town, we passed Joated and his group heading south for Homer & the Kenai Peninsula.

And now, back to work for three days; on Friday, we head north to the Fairbanks area.

2 comments:

DR said...

Sounds exciting. Days off should be maximized with family time and friends.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

So cool that you got to meet our PA pals!! I've been a real pudge about catching up on my favorite blogs so only saw a few of his (Joated)pictures. Not enough time & especially so since my sweetie is home for a few weeks. He goes back next Monday, so maybeeee I'll catch up. Maybe not.:<)