15 October 2010

Excuse Me?

Mamma Mia is playing in Anchorage, this week.  From the local Puppy Trainer:

"Life’s a disco in one of the most nonsensical musicals I have seen in awhile. The story is hokey, the sets and costumes unexciting, and the singing mediocre."

The reviewer then goes on to talk about how enjoyable it was. Really? May I ask, "Based on what, exactly?"

I must have missed something in the review, then; but listening to fingernails on a blackboard, much less mediocre singing, has never been much fun for this classically-trained musician. I'll pass*, thankyouverymuch.



*Understand that it's NOT the musical that I'm avoiding; nor is it ABBA, to which I listened, back in the '70s. Armed Forces Radio played them a lot. It's the "mediocre" performance which the reviewer described.

1 comment:

joated said...

Man! Talk about mixed messages. The reviewer must be either a Democrat or a Mirkowskite.