14 August 2011

A Good Day For It

AccuHunch is promising rain today, with steady temps in the mid-50s. My wife made another batch of her very popular chili yesterday, and it's been simmering in the crockpot since yesterday afternoon. In fact, it was good enough to eat last night, so it will be superb today. If the spoonful I just sampled is any indication (and of course it is) lunchtime will be include a chorus of oohs, aahs, and other 'nummy' sounds.

Plans for the day include meeting Jenny and her friend John at the Wet Bunny range this afternoon. He's promised to bring along some of his full-auto toys, including an Uzi (insert evil grin). I plan to speak VERY sweetly so I can take a turn with that.

We did all our running yesterday, so there aren't any other chores or errands to which we must attend. The slate-grey skies rather put a damper on ambitious plans, at any rate.

2 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

Let us in on all the details, to wit:

a. Did you get to/How was shooting the Uzi? and

2. Is there beans in the chili?

(a., 2, the Barney Fife list... )

Rev. Paul said...

a) the range trip is for 2pm AK time, so there will be an after-action report;
b) our chili has beans & beef, plus enough spice to build a cumulative burn.

Younger Daughter & I tend to add chili powder & cayenne pepper to ours, after it's served. My wife doesn't care for the heat nearly so much.