Got up early, just because, and had my morning coffee with the brightening of the slate-grey skies.
After breakfast, there was the really fun experience of getting sassed by a 20-something because I didn't understand her question, at the local oil-and-lube shop. Apparently I harshed her calm by insisting that she pay attention to the customer (me). After quick consideration, I decided it wasn't worth my time trying to say anything. It wouldn't have made any impression on her, anyway; that type never listens to anyone else.
I will, however, saturate that place with my absence in the future. It's not like they're the only oil-change shop in Anchorage.
After a quick run into Wally World for windshield wipers, BBQ sauce and a fresh propane bottle, it was back home for burgers & roasted potato salad, with barbequed pork steaks for dinner later.
Now back to the Kindle. I'm currently reading Temporary Duty by Ric Locke. It's about a couple of sailors who get TDY on the first alien ship to have visited earth, first in dealing with the alien crew as they prepare quarters for 200 Earth officers and men, and then in interactions with other races. The author was clearly an enlisted man at some point in his life, as I recognize just about every character in the story (grins). I'm laughing out loud - a lot - at this one.
Good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment