John 12:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."
12 August 2011
It's That Time Again
Yesterday morning, it was 38 degrees here, and the first geese are heading south. Today it was only 43 at 5 a.m., but the leaves suddenly have a yellowish tinge.
There's fresh snow on the mountain peaks east and north of town, and the fireweed blossoms are close to the top of the stalks (another local harbinger of seasonal change, here).
I'm about as far from you as one can get and still be on the US. Our first 38 degree morning may be four months away. No mountains. Nothing even remotely that beautiful.
I'm pretty sure you didn't have summer bro. I believe we got all of yours and a few other states as well down Texas way. We're due to be in the hundreds for the foreseeable forecast, sigh...
5 comments:
Winter such a ugly word. Hope you have a great weekend.
Shh. Keep it down, Al Gore might hear you and yell BULLSHIT! at you.
What a short, unsatisfying summer you have had.
Dang, that's beautiful!
I'm about as far from you as one can get and still be on the US. Our first 38 degree morning may be four months away. No mountains. Nothing even remotely that beautiful.
A wordy way of saying "Thanks!!".
I'm pretty sure you didn't have summer bro. I believe we got all of yours and a few other states as well down Texas way. We're due to be in the hundreds for the foreseeable forecast, sigh...
Post a Comment