12 March 2013

Tuesday Iditarod Update #3: Seavey, Zirkle Begin Dash to Nome

From the Anchorage Daily News:

Their teams separated by 13 minutes, Mitch Seavey and Aliy Zirkle left White Mountain on Tuesday afternoon with clear skies overhead and history in front of them.
Aliy Zirkle prepares to leave White Mountain Tuesday afternoon, March 5, 2013, for the final dash to Nome.
BILL ROTH — Anchorage Daily News

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/03/11/2821520/seavey-in-the-lead.html#storylink=cpy

Nome is 67 miles away (according to the race's GPS tracker), and whoever gets there first wins the 41st Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
Click the link for the whole article.  We'll have a winner tonight, folks.

4 comments:

Jacked Up Glock Mom said...

Its been exciting reading your post about the race. I think I am pulling for Seavey. This is better then any professional sport..I admire the endurance of the teams.

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Even better to attend in person, but that's why I post these: for those who can't be here. :)

Old NFO said...

Thanks for all the updates, I'd never attend because it's too damn cold up there!!! :-)

Rev. Paul said...

No worries, my friend. I'd never hold it against you. :^)