24 February 2019

God's Word for Sunday, 2/24/19

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 KJV



This is God’s Word on the subject: “I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. I’ll turn things around for you. I’ll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you, and bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it.”
Jeremiah 29:11-13 MSG

4 comments:

LindaG said...

Thank you, Lord.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

A question, Reverend: I have heard this both applied to both Christians and then just to the Jews of Jeremiah's time. Your thoughts?

Rev. Paul said...

TB, Biblical scholars generally agree that the Lord's words in this passage apply to all His people. My thoughts? I agree.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Thanks Reverend. It has been a somewhat contentious passage for me over the years.