14 January 2021

God's Word for Thursday, 14 JAN 21

 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

1 John 4:20-21 KJV


If anyone boasts, “I love God,” and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. If he won’t love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can’t see? The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You’ve got to love both.

1 John 4:20-21 MSG

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Words to remember and live by...

Rev. Paul said...

I concur, dir. We’ve entered a VERY dangerous time in this country, and it’s way too easy to demonize anyone with an opposing view.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Reverend, a passage one wishes was preached on more regularly.

Rev. Paul said...

I hear you, TB. I’m doing my best. 😊

Ed Bonderenka said...

I am supposed to love my neighbor.
OK, a Samaritan injured in a ditch is my brother.
What about the guys coming at me trying to throw me in a Gulag?
Asking for a friend.

Rev. Paul said...

Ed, my Bible says we’re supposed to pray for those who despitefully use us. But you know that. Of co, it’s fair to say that He never said we have to LIKE everyone; just love them and pray for them. But you know that, too.