28 April 2009

Tuesday, April 28

Good morning!

The day has dawned bright & reasonably clear. It was light enough to see outside when I got up at 5:00, and won't get dark until nearly 11 pm. Have I mentioned I love this time of year?

We've already had more sunny days in April than we had all last summer, combined. The couple of rainy days have knocked most of the dust out of the air, and it's just purty. We'll be seeing some fresh greenery on the trees, any week now.

It seems that summer is coming early, this year, and that's OKAY with me, since we had none last year. It was the 3rd coolest "summer" on record, and just about the coldest July ever - average high was 53.5 degrees.

It's supposed to be 54 today, so that makes April warmer than last July. That's a good thing!

* * * * *

There's not much news to report, up here, other than the ongoing diatribe against Sarah Palin. The left-wing loonies (yeah, we've got some up here, too) continue to rant against everything she says or does.

"Her legal defense fund is illegal." "Her answer to a direct question last fall may have broken the election laws." (Read "She scares the snot out of us, so let's see if we can bankrupt her and make her unable to run for any office, ever again.")

If it's tourist season, how come we can't shoot 'em?

3 comments:

Mo said...

I sure appreciated Spring after a winter in Alaska. The longer days really spiked my energy level. Homer in Spring (on a sunny day) has got to be on of the most beautiful places on earth. Great reporting. Thanks for the updates.

deedee said...

I like Sarah Palin - I don't care what the lying media says. Please don't shoot my sister and her husband when they come up to Alaska in May (even though they will be tourists).

Rev. Paul said...

"Please don't shoot my sister and her husband when they come up to Alaska in May (even though they will be tourists)."

Bwaahahaha! Okay, I promise. Besides, I won't know which ones they are! ;)