03 October 2009

Saturday Morning in the Rain

Good morning. It's 42 and rainy/sloppy/messy out there. My original plan was to visit the range, but haven't quite worked up the enthusiasm to shoot in the rain. AccuHunch says there may be some dry spells later today.

I've been back to my new favorite store & picked up another hundred rounds of rifle ammo. Nothing for my pistol, but I priced other pistols while waiting for a clerk to arrive. Their prices are cheaper than Wal-Mart's, so I think I know where I'll get the next one.

Then I went over to Sportsman's Warehouse for their 'employee discount' sale - everything's about 20% off. Still no .45ACP anywhere that I can find, but they also presented gifts to the first 100 people in the door; I was there at 10 minutes before opening, and was #98 in line. I also noticed that the line behind me was just as long as the original crowd had been when I arrived.

Since they were giving them away, I picked up a Sheffield folding pocketknife; never tried that brand before, so we'll see how it goes. I gave it a few licks on a whetstone to sharpen the cutting edge, so I'll know soon whether it will hold.

The biggest part of the crowd headed straight for the gun counter, which is no surprise. Twenty percent off on a firearm is a pretty good deal.

I looked for pistol ammo there, too, and of course there was none in .45. They had about 5,000 rounds of .40 S&W which must have just come in, and about 3,000 rounds of .223. I noticed they finally have my rifle ammo there, too, and about 50 cents/box cheaper than at the other place. But they only had about 8 boxes, so it won't last long.

That's about it for now; thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

SR said...

I was surprised to read that your Wal-Mart still sells firearms. Ours ceased sales several years ago. Liberal states have subdued sales through regulation; it should be a crime. Good luck ammo hunting.

Meadow said...

Overall the day has been plain yucky! I do see new snow on the mountains, and we've gotten 0.3 inches of rain. Got the tomato plants out of the ground and into the compost pile, the green 'maters in sacks to ripen and the roses trimmed.

Hopefully there will be at least one dry day in the next week or so in order to spray the trees/plants with stuff to make the moose sneeze, or at least not munch!

Next weekend there is a gun show in Palmer where you might find some ammo.