26 April 2010

Land of Rugged Independence?

Maybe not as much as I thought.

I was paid a visit this morning by an employee in one of our offices, who complained bitterly that the power wasn't on in her office, or in the break room.

"Did it just happen?" I asked.

"No, it went out Friday. We tried to call you but there was no answer." (Unlikely, at best. The land line forwards to my cell phone when I leave for the day.)

The breaker panel for her room is located 50 feet from her office door. She refused to be shown where it was, telling me "It's not in my job description."

I'll assume she has the wherewithal to turn on her own office lights, although I could be wrong. I fail to see how flipping one switch is different from flipping another switch, a little farther away.

Sigh...

I do wonder who feeds and dresses her, though.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Now that is pathetic. She must be of the Donkey persuasion, if ya get my drift. Sad.

BUT, about other things:
Oh my gosh...Manicotti stuffed with king crab?! We are SO coming to your house for dinner when we visit AK!!
Now I need to catch up on about 2 weeks worth of your posts. I'm at a laudromat in Sandpoint that not only has wi-fi, but a plug in that I can use. WooWoo. Fancy.

Teresa said...

Well I guess she just didn't need electricity that badly then. What a whiner she is. LOL.

Jenny said...

No no no, the proper response to "no power in the office" is "sweet! break out the emergency stove from the crash kit and the marshmallows - it's time for s'mores!"

joated said...

I want to work with Jenny! mmmmm s'mores!

LUCKY said...

So I could only think of a "A Message to Garcia." Maybe you should have her read it.

http://www.commonsensestore.com/pdf/Message_to_Garcia.pdf

Anonymous said...

Yikes.....had a renter once in a duplex I owed for a while whom once asked me to change a light bulb for her. Wife asked which room. Renter said living room. Wife looked at her and said there were no lights fixtures ceiling or otherwise. Renter said no it was a lamp, one of hers.....I told her to chenge it herself. Boy was she pissed.
I see she moved to Alaska.
Good luck with that one, she was a real pain!!
And yep she was a donkey err of the donkey party and a teacher..