26 April 2010

Clouds Again

It's 40 degrees (that's warm - for us) and overcast again today. Mr. AccuHunch says we'll approach 50 today, with a chance of showers. He's calling for 35-to-45 mph winds along the hillside & Turnagain Arm, too, but there's not a breath of air stirring at my place.

* * * * *

The annual Spring festivities took place at Alyeska Ski Resort over the weekend, including the Slush Cup. That's the one where swimsuit- or costume-clad folks ski into, or sometimes across, a pond of slushy snow-melt water. Go here for a slide show of this year's costumes.

* * * * *

I'm noticing that a number of previously-prolific bloggers are running out of steam lately. My suspicion is that the overall political condition of the country has many writers simply tired of repeating themselves, and deciding to take a break.

I've been running into that same obstacle, as mentioned in previous posts. While there is no obligation to post on a regular basis, it's difficult not to feel that one is failing on the job unless there's fresh content daily.

Having said that, I'm out of topics for this morning; there's likely to be more, later.

3 comments:

deedee said...

I understand the "run out of steam" - I do and take a break here and there. 50 degrees? That's pretty warm for you all in April, isn't it?

Rev. Paul said...

Hi, Deedee. The average high for late April is about 47, so 50 isn't that far out of the norm. It's just nice.

Cassie said...

Just looked at those photos. Yikes those folks are a bit daft!! All young though,and I'm thinking I might have been just as goofy way back when...