21 February 2011

A Gunnie Question

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I have a question*.

I've been using a Bianchi Model 82 Carry-Lok hip holster for my daily carry piece, a full-size 1911. The holster is still in pretty good shape, holding up well except for scuffs around the top where I've hit the edges while inserting the pistol.

However, I can see the day approaching when I'll need a replacement; something similar would be good.
I'm left-handed, so not every option is available. I also generally (but not always) carry OWB.  Open- or concealed-carry is legal here, so I'm open to suggestions.

Of course, anyone with an internet connection can see dozens (if not hundreds) of choices ... so what do you use, and why?







* "If you took all the gunnies and laid them end-to-end, they'd point in all directions."

6 comments:

ViolentIndifference said...

Michael Hast made an excellent custom holster for me. See his fine work at: www.theholstersite.com

ajdshootist said...

I always used a Milt Sparks inside summer special when i carried my 45acp 1911s.

Groundhog said...

I thought all us CCW types were supposed to have a big box of holsters we've discarded. Lets just have a swap meet!

Jennifer said...

Well I was going to suggest you check out my husband's offerings, but I see ViolentIndifference beat me to it. I always love it when that happens.
I am obviously biased, but seriously, check out TheHolsterSite.com
Currently, there are more of these holsters sold in Alaska than any other state.

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind kydex, I really love my Serpa holster from blackhawk. I use it for my 1911, and have holsters for a couple of other pistols too.

I also use the "zip slide" which hold the pistol REALLY CLOSE to your side, (worn outside the waist band).

Cassie said...

Hey Paul, my only comment (since I really know ZIP about guns---oh, there is a zip gun isn't there?) is this: You're left handed??!! Oh my.