02 April 2011

Northern Humor

Yesterday's post (7:30 pm) was all about the sunshine & blue skies. It was nice outside. By 8:15 it was snowing. It didn't add up to much nor get very cold last night, and any sun at all, today, will melt what's on the cars.

I got a call on Thursday from the company that inspects the roof of the property I manage. He wished to perform the 10-year followup inspection next week, "...now that it's springtime," he said.

After biting my lip to keep from laughing out loud, I asked where he was calling from. Seattle, as it happens. "It may be springtime where you are," I replied, "but we still have close to a foot of snow on the ground."

"You mean the roof isn't dry?"

"Not even close."

"Oh. Could you call me when it's clear of snow?"

"Sure. How does mid-May sound?"

" ... "

Heh.

2 comments:

joated said...

"Sure. How does mid-May sound?"

Optimistic.

Rev. Paul said...

The roof will be free of snow by the end of this month, unless we get another blizzard. I just wasn't going to give him a guarantee.