09 October 2017

God's Word for Monday, 10/9/17

When a prophet or visionary gets up in your community and gives out a miracle-sign or wonder, and the miracle-sign or wonder that he gave out happens and he says, “Let’s follow other gods” (these are gods you know nothing about), “let’s worship them,” don’t pay any attention to what that prophet or visionary says. God, your God, is testing you to find out if you totally love him with everything you have in you. You are to follow only God, your God, hold him in deep reverence, keep his commandments, listen obediently to what he says, serve him—hold on to him for dear life!
Deuteronomy 13:4 MSG

6 comments:

Tewshooz said...

Thank you...I needed that today.

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad it helped. :)

LindaG said...

I tried to comment on this earlier, and Chrome ate my reply or something, so I will try again.

It really bothers me all the talk and shows that would rather try to prove that aliens are more responsible for mankind becoming mankind, than to give Him the praise He deserves for how wonderful creation is!

There is more, too, I am sure; but I probably should not dwell on that.
Thank you for an inspirational post, Reverend. Much appreciated.

Rev. Paul said...

Linda, one of the greatest frustrations for a Christian is to present someone with the truth, and then see them utterly reject it for some fable or other. But it's the Holy Spirit Who brings conviction, and we have just that one job to do.

Each has a job to do; we just need to make sure we're doing ours. :^)

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Well, we pretty much abandoned that one in one generation...sigh...

Rev. Paul said...

TB, when we consider that this warning was issued by Moses 3,600 years ago, I don't think it's just the one generation. I think it's ALL of them.