05 July 2020

The Great Pandemic Hysteria

No, not the virus: it's real enough, but isn't the global killer the pols would have us believe. The Progressive office-holders (like the mayor of nearby Anchorage) are doing their best to squeeze every last bit of "emergency authority" out of the situation. The better to unseat Mr. Trump with, you see.

Given the majority of the new "spike" in cases are in folks under 35 or so, and most have either no symptoms, or are sick for only a couple of days, it's not a reason for concern.

This is the virus adapting to live in healthy folks; it's what viruses do, to survive. This is how herd immunity is built.

Wear a mask? Since the CDC, the mask manufacturers, and the honest medical professionals all tell us that the only mask effective is a full-fledged respirator, I'll pass.

* * * * *

Meanwhile, the recent rains and our 24 hours of daylight have caused all the weeds to go from 12" to 30" in the last five days, I guess we need to attack the yard again. I note that about half the homes on our road haven't done so, but it bothers me.

Ah, well. This too shall pass.  I keep reminding myself we'll have snow in October, so enjoy the green while it lasts.

sigh ...

7 comments:

Vicki said...

You are spot on. I am so done with this power grab fear mongering. Time to get on with living lives as we are meant to and not like lab rats.

LindaG said...

BIL is an infectious disease doctor, among others. He told hubby the same. The masks don't work. But since hubby has many factors that could make him susceptible, he should probably use one.

I'm like you. Don't wear it and build immunity.

I should take some pictures of my yard, Reverend. Maybe it would make you happier with your little 30" weeds. ;-)

Rob said...

I have no issue wearing their mask. You see the one I have was hand made, someone took the time to sew it. It is machine washable. I wear at to the Dr. They gave it to me. We don't wear it at home.

We do have to wear it at our unit meetings. Right after I got my mask, I was at Dollar General as i was checking out I came down with the giggles. The cashier was looking strange at me, "Whats so funny"..I have been sticking my tong at you this whole time. The devil made me to it...LOL

Rev. Paul said...

Amen, Vicki. We're done with the whole thing. The overhyped mayor of the big city noted yesterday that "people aren't cooperating."
I'm glad Hizzoner noticed. Maybe he'll learn somethin'. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Linda, I'm sure your yard is a thing of beauty ... heh. To be fair, your summer began long before ours, but we have that whole 24-hours-of-daylight thing, so it's probably a wash.

Rob, everyone needs to do whatever they're comfortable with. If I cared what the mayor and his collective sheeple want, my life would be far more miserable. But we must be winning, because they're bleating louder than ever. Heh.

Old NFO said...

I'm done with it too... And I have to mow weekly... sigh

Rob said...

I remember these words "Speak softy, carry a big stick" I guess that part of the history book was erased before some folks got around to reading it.

Rev. Paul said...

NFO, with all this daylight right now, our yard will grow like a weed (you should pardon the expression) if we get any rain at all. This is the first dry weekend we've had in over a month.

Rob, Teddy Roosevelt used to be a popular guy among the leftists. Guess he's on the outs, these days.