08 November 2020

Sunday, 08 NOV 2020

 Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause. 

For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.

Psalm 35:19-20 KJV


Don’t let these liars, my enemies,
    have a party at my expense,
Those who hate me for no reason,
    winking and rolling their eyes.
No good is going to come
    from that crowd;
They spend all their time cooking up gossip
    against those who mind their own business.

Psalm 35:19-20 MSG

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man,
But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.
Hopefully 6' down.

Rev. Paul said...

Amen and amen!

drjim said...

I never heard that Psalm before, and Pslams is one of the books I turn to when I'm in distress.

I'll have to start reading my Bible more closely.

LindaG said...

Thank you, Reverend.

I hope you are all doing well after the earthquake(s).

Reminding myself continually that God is in control and there is a reason for all that is happening.

Be safe and God bless.

Rev. Paul said...

drjim - reading your Bible more closely? Then my work here is done! :^D

Linda - we are doing nicely, and watching the snow/sleet/fog/snow fall. And roughly in that order ... lather, rinse, repeat.